Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jetlagged knitting!

It's hard to believe we have been back from Florida for over a week, apart from the fact that I still feel jet lagged, it seems to have been over so quickly. We had a fabulous time in a beautiful villa away from the tourist area but close enough to be easy to get to. We walked our legs down to stumps, shopped till we dropped and relaxed and swam in our lovely hot pool every day. This is where we stayed, the villas are surrounded by the golf course (golfers would love it, shame none of us actually play).

We aren't going back next year (this was our 3rd time in a row) but we will definitely be going back before too long.

A couple of things cheered me up on our return (apart from the fact that we left the day a tornado arrived). It was lovely warm weather which meant I could get out in the garden and get everything back in shape. We have plans for some hard landscaping so it was great to be able to do the plans actually outside instead of from the window!

Also my first order of Unicorn yarn arrived. It is so soft, just stunning. I decided to knit the Crest of The Wave Scarf with it and it's co-operating beautifully.


Flaming Filey is now finished and just needs blocking and finishing. I hope Paul likes it and it gets worn as it's been a bit of a labour of love (and it doesn't even have sleeves!)

You may have noticed that a little knitting took place on holiday though the heat and tiredness did limit how much I achieved. I knit one ankle sock in the June Apple Pattern from Yarn Forward and am 2/3rds of the way through a different ankle sock Inspiral Socks, also from Yarn Forward. The idea is that I will get round to knitting the partner socks but this way I won't get bored with one pattern.


Before we went away I held my Earth Hour Party, and thanks to all who came along, it was great fun. It was lovely when all the lights and music went off, much more atmospheric. I think I'll be turning the lights off more often (though not perhaps when I am knitting!).

I have now also booked accommodation in London for the Iknit Weekender in September. I got up at 6 a.m. on Thursday and managed to bag two nights for three of us at the Travelodge in Southwark for just £39 in total. Not bad! I am really looking forward to the weekend as much for the company as the workshops, yarn and fibre.

You'll see here that I have exceeded my target for Race for Life so thank you to everyone who kindly donated, Iguess that means there's no backing out now. I am planning to knit my way round the course so it could take twice as long! To anyone else reading this please don't be put off donating just because I have hit my personal target, the more the better!

Finally the applications for One & Other opened this week, I have applied and if successful plan to spin on the plinth for my hour. There are 207 places available for Scotland so do apply, there's a good chance you'll be picked! You can click on the link to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting