Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sleep deprivazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am tired.

So tired!

I'm not sleeping well, lying awake 'till 2.am. then waking again at 5 a.m.

It's making me forgetful and disorganised, which is pretty worrying as I only have half a brain anyway with the rest given over to mashed potato.

Why am I tired?

I have a major project on the go, really major, life changingly major! I have finally decided to commit to opening a LYS. (Local Yarn Store to the uninitiated.) This means I have a gazillion things to organise and money to find from, well, nowhere really. A store wasn't in the budget until a few weeks ago. There is one minor, teeny weeny fly in the ointment, I don't have my premises yet! I am waiting to hear whether I have been successful in obtaining the lease on my preferred premises. I really, really hope so. I have my heart set on it.

The best part has been searching out suppliers and choosing who would be a good fit for the feel of the place that I would like. Can't wait to start placing orders so I can touch and feel all that lovely yarn and fibre.

Who could want more than to spend each day, every day in pursuit of their hobby?

With all this tiredness though comes a downside, less knitting. I pick up my needles and I'm off to slip in a jiffy. (Maybe I need to pick up the needles at 2 a.m.!) I have finished my first sock from Cookie A.'s new book Sock Innovations. Here is Kai Mei. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino.


Not awfully well photographed as it was a "self portrait" late at night. I'll do a better shot once they are both complete. If you like socks, do look at this book it's fabulous, I like every single pattern even if a couple of the charts give me the heebie jeebies! (Do check the errata online though, as with all new books the proof reading is rather lacking - can you tell I'm a proof reader too?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting