Monday, September 29, 2008

The difficult is done at once, the impossible takes a little longer (1873)

The weekend spent with good friends was fantastic we ate, drank and generally had fun (including dancing, don't ask!) until the wee small hours on Sunday morning. I was therefore, not really in the right frame of mind for knitting of any sort on Sunday.

I spent the day (after a lovely walk in the rain at the beach) spinning, it is such a long time since I have sat uninterrupted like that. I managed to spin about 400gm in 4 skeins, 2 each of the green and natural New Lanark. A few of my friends at Stitch n Bitch are thinking of taking up spinning so I have spoken to my tutor and friend Janet and hopefully we will be having a wee private lesson all together which will be wonderful. I want to build my confidence with the more slippy fibres like Wensleydale and Merino.

I have now finally finished Sparreholm, it just needs blocking and sewing. If I ever consider undertaking a twisted rib pattern with hood again, please take me aside and remind me of the torture this project has felt like! I haven't really dared to try it on properly yet, I'm so afraid I won't like it and I'll end up having to pass it on to my lovely middle daughter who looks beautiful in anything and everything she wears.

I think I may need to start in earnest on Tropicana with my Kraemer Sterling Tuxedo. It may be a project that I fall out of love with before I even really get going, I have found errata in the pattern in the first few rows (not listed on the source website) and that always rings alarm bells! I hate to be defeated by a pattern though so I will persevere for another pattern repeat before deciding whether to frog and design my own pattern. I may have to cast on some simple vanilla socks at the same time to give me mental respite during the anticipated long haul.

1 comment:

  1. Okay , let me peruse the 6000 Rav patterns one more time - I keep seeing ones and saying - thats to Karen (its Gale she' has that effect on me!) lol
    Glad you had a great weekend - you don't look bad considering...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting