Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb (1662)


Having joined the Unicorn Quest this week (thanks Mhairi, you enabler you!) I proceeded to break my yarn diet. Answering a question correctly gave me a discount at either Natural Dye Studios or Fyberspates. Checking my answer on the NDS site a skein of Sweet Violet Merino/Bamboo 4 ply accidentally fell into my shopping cart. And it's here and it's beautiful. Having succumbed to one purchase I then proceeded to totally bust the diet by taking advantage of the 40% off (yes that's nearly half price) at Fankle Yarns. I can't even remember what I ordered now but I know it included 7 balls of Kidsilk Haze, I think the yarn sale "rush" has totally fuddled my brain.

I can justify (most of) my purchases as I have also signed up to the Pair a Month challenge here (Ravelry Group: The Great Sock Off of 2009). I like this group as you have total free rein of what yarn or pattern you want to use.

For the January socks, I finally finished my Vanilla Socks started at the end of November on my trip to London. I think they took so long as the pattern was quite dull, but I do like the look of the FO. The Kaffe Fassett colourway is really bright and cheerful. I guess they are a bit of a cheat as they weren't cast on in January, but I have cast on a second pair immediately that I also hope to complete this month. They are the Anna Socks from Rowan 40, in Kramer Silver and Silk, Tuxedo. So far I am totally in love with these socks. The yarn and pattern complement each other perfectly.

I think the knitting MoJo is back with a vengeance!

Oh and congratulations again to Andrew who has received an unconditional offer to Glasgow Caledonian University. Who's a clever boy then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting