Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You cannot put an old head on young shoulders. (1591)

This week I mean this literally. Here is an excerpt from an email I received just yesterday.

Dear Karen,

I am a TV Producer from Endemol UK, I am looking for social groups from Scotland where the ladies are 60-70 to take part in a new charity show for ITV1.

Its called The Feelgood Factor and its being hosted by Eamon Holmes and Myleene Klass and its off the back of a government campaign called Change for Life – which is about getting the nation fit and healthy. We are doing a Pound for Pound pledge where groups from all over the UK are doing a sponsored slim for charity – where every Pound you lose, family members and friends donate a pound towards their chosen charity.

I saw the website with Stitch and Bitch and thought you might be able to help us.

Well, I'm afraid we had to turn down the offer of a TV appearance as we have only one member over 60! I'm not sure why the stereotypical image of knitters persists, especially in the media, I thought the 'Knitting Revolution' had become a wider spread phenomenon. Perhaps not!
I'm not really affronted it gave me a wee chuckle anyway.

Not that much knitting this week again, unfortunately dad has been rather poorly and was rushed into hospital last Thursday. After an emergency operation to remove his gall bladder and a hernia, he is now starting to make a recovery.

I am still working on my Anna knee highs, one down, one to go. I am still loving these socks and am desperate to get them finished so that I can wear them out. I'm not sure the photos do the sparkle justice, they really do twinkle in the light. I am also really keen to get at least one and maybe more new pairs cast on. I've got a real sock knitting thing going fuelled by some sale purchases of lovely sock yarns.

Paul has also got the sock thing, whilst in London he popped into iKnit and bought 2 skeins of yarn for socks for himself (not that he's knitting them you understand!). 1 skein of Malabrigo Merino and 1 Lang Jawoll Silk. Only the best for himself then?

I have also bought 1 skein of Opal handpainted, 1 ball of Meilenweit Mega Boots, 2 balls of Rowan 4ply soft in a colourway that I just loved the sound of "Honk". Oh and 7 balls of Kidsilk Haze also fell into the cart, don't know how that happened!

In a rush of guilt at having fallen so spectacularly off my yarn diet, I decided to use up some stash knitting a series of dish/wash cloths. The first came off the needles in little over an hour and is knit up in Sirdar Denim Cotton. I'll be tackling the Exfoliate Dalek pattern next which looks just fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting